Questions? Call now to reserve your spot!|
1-888-750-1773 in USA
Book This Retreat
Medical Qigong for Energy HealersJune 22 to
June 27, 2012
Friday eve to Wednesday lunch. Contact registrar to seek special permission to attend weekend only (for reviewers or those upgrading).
Minke de Vos
What is Medical Qigong?
Medical Qigong is an ancient form of Chinese Energetic Medicine, dating back at least 5000 years, sometimes called the “Grandmother of Acupuncture”. It is one of the four branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Qi refers to the life energy and Gong refers to skillful practice.
Medical Qigong refers to a wide range of therapies both, self-healing and hands-on, breathing, movement, sounds and meditations. These therapies cleanse, strengthen and balance our energy, mind, body and our essential organ systems.
Qigong therapists today utilize the secret knowledge passed down from the Wu Yi, Qigong meta-physician healers of ancient times. The therapies address specific health challenges and also simply make us feel more centered and energized.
Medical Qigong Training is an energetic skill development and personal healing for both health care professionals and lay persons, optionally leading to certification as a Medical Qigong Practitioner. This intensive is an integrative approach to Healing with Energy. Including practices from the Universal Healing Tao system’s Cosmic Healing, Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy, Shiatsu, Acupressure and Chi Nei Tsang.
Medical Qigong awakens your natural healing energy. It is natural for us to heal ourselves and each other.
The fundamentals of Five Element Theory will be put into practice with many enlivening Qigong forms, which are fun to do, especially outside! Some point location will be applied to open and regulate the flow in the channels, like the Eight Extraordinary Vessels.
Explore the multi-layers of the soul, from past live imprints to awakening new potentials of the evolving soul. Special attention will be given how to co-operate with the “Kundalini” when some in a crisis
and how to support someone who has sexual or abuse issues.
The program has a balance of theory, technical and intuitive skills and the psycho-spiritual roots of healing.
Healer Heal Yourself
! Initially we will focus on self-healing and energy maintenance.
You will learn;
* Grounding, discharging and emotional transformation techniques necessary for a sustainable practice and to prevent burnout. You will be able to discharge “Sick Winds” through Tree Hugging, Bone Breathing, Sweeping and Grounding..
* How to connect to your Higher Guidance and follow your intuition.
* How to build reserves of Qi and tap into abundant sources of energy.
* Through Meditation, Healing Sounds, Self massage, Qigong and Tao Yoga you will have a big tool box for self development and also give “Prescription Exercises’ to your clients.
Healers Hold Space for Others to Heal
. You will learn:
* Diagnostic techniques, like hand scanning
* Basic Protocol for tuning up your client’s energy field, which covers sweeping channels, purging, tonifying, and balancing the organ systems, invisible needle acupuncture, pulling cords, cleaning chakra filters, and unwinding ancestral knots.
* By holding sacred space, the client can feel themselves and listen to their body, mind and spirit.
* Through the use of various healing sounds, toning and color frequencies, the soul release psychic and energetic toxins and shifts into a higher frequency state of well-being.
* Ways to counsel your client when “things come up” during the healing sessions.
* Ways to integrate the changes, center with Microcosmic Orbit and establish their protective “Wei Chi Fields” so they feel more grounded and ready to go out into their daily life.
Prescription exercises like tapping points, Qigong Walking, Five Element Movements, Healing Sounds, etc. for specific conditions. They can then continue their healing process on their own and stabilize the shifts that occurred in the treatment, so old non beneficial patterns do not creep back in.
The “Set up” of a safe and sacred space for healing is very important. Both the therapist and client are then guided and protected by unconditional love and support of the earth, the heavens, the Divine. We will invoke the presence of your guides, guardians and angels and the lineage Taoist Shamans and other Divine Beings of Sacred Healing, like Kuan Yin.
You will become a transparent vessel for healing, trusting in the wisdom of the spirit, working through the life force.
Medical Qigong Fundamental Categories:
• physical therapy exercises for Qi development and healing specific disorders
• relaxation methods for cultivating the Qi within, and stress management
• channelling Qi to heal others
Results: Today there are hundreds of Medical Qigong hospitals and clinics throughout China, treating conditions such as breast and ovarian tumours and cysts, muscular atrophy, stress and insomnia, immune deficiency disorders, migraine headaches, certain types of cancer and pain.
Students in the Medical Qigong Intensive will learn:
• Qigong exercises, meditations and self-massage for building, guiding and emitting healing Qi
• Medical Qigong treatment protocols for a wide range of common disorders
• Qigong precautions, contraindications and Qi deviations
• guiding principles of Oriental medical theory
• meridian and point location and function
• methods of Qigong diagnosis
Supportive Subjects also covered:
• basic anatomy and physiology as applied to energy anatomy
• professional ethics in running a clinic
• counseling and psychology as applied to energy healing.
Research: These time-tested ancient practices are in the process of being backed up by Western science. It is beneficial to those who have specific health challenges like depression, anxiety, asthma, fatigue and those who have difficulty “digesting their life”.
Extensive scientific research demonstrates the value of meditation on our well-being. Meditation has been proven to extend your life, create more happiness and peace, lower stress and blood pressure, increase mental clarity, and resolve long-standing emotional problems like fear, anger and substance abuse.
* All levels of experience are welcome as this is an introduction.
* Health Professionals who would like enhance their services to beginners in Energy Medicine.
* Anyone who is interested in self-transformation.
“Cosmic Healing” and “Taoist Astral Healing” by Mantak Chia and Dirk Oellibrandt
We will utilize some exercise from "Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy” Volumes 1 - 5, by Professor Jerry A. Johnson, founder of the International Institute of Medical Qigong.
. This Intensive will serve as a foundation for those who would like to continue with a longer professional training like the Practitioner, Therapist and Masters levels of certification with Wendy Lang, MMQ, see www.emptymountain.com This training offers certification through Henan University. If there is interest we will include this training at the Healing Tao University.
Is there licensing for Medical Qigong Therapy?
Licensing is a state-by-state issue. The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), the same organization that certifies acupuncturists and Chinese herbalists, now offers a National Board Certification examination in Asian Bodywork Therapy (ABT) that includes Medical Qigong Therapy.
Over 35 states currently accept the NCCAOM exam for licensing acupuncturists. Six states now accept the NCCAOM ABT exam as the main requirement for licensing Medical Qigong therapists, and eighteen other states are currently eligible. We anticipate that more states will follow.
Credits: This intensive will give you 40 hours of credit for Qigong Requirement for ABT or Acupuncture Training. Please request a letter of attendance.
Minke de Vos, Senior Universal Tao Instructor
Minke will draw from her extensive background in the healing arts and her own healing journey.
She has dedicated over 25 years to spiritual embodiment, teaching and healing work. She co-created a retreat center, Silent Ground, for long–term, life-transforming programs.
Her profound Awakening opened doors for universal wisdom to move through her. She connected with Mantak Chia in 1983 and is part of the “Council of 9”.
She has studied Medical Qigong with her former student and friend, Wendy Lang, MMQ, for 4 years and has organized the training in Vancouver, BC. She teaches and gives private sessions internationally.
She is a dancer and creator of ‘Enchant Dance”, based on the etheric movement of sound, Eurythmy.
She is the author of “Feminine Treasures” and “Heart Qigong” and other “Tao Tools for Self Exploration”.
She inspires people to live with passion, love and compassion, honouring their body, chi and relationships and the world around them.
Come and benefit from her vast resources of healing methods.
“The retreat was very powerful for me. I healed some old, fundamental issues and now I can feel myself changing in my thinking about possibilities, and have a new commitment to loving myself and rebuilding my strength for my future. Thank you so much for
your support and love. You are poetry in motion! a true dancer.”
“Was reminded of something so simple the other day - something you truely taught me and always impressed the importance of - SMILING - thank-you”.
Rupert, Yoga Teacher
“Minke de Vos, is an extraordinary teacher: wise, compassionate and creative with in her subject. Minke's dance background and extensive personal studies in the Universal Tao tradition, all add to her vast knowledge and teaching content. Her Fusion of the Five Elements class was transformational on many levels and connected to the ancient arts and still relevant to my life in this time. I am grateful to have such a kind and knowledgeable Teacher.”
“Minke de Vos is one of my favorite teachers in the Taoist Arts. The work she teaches is easy to grasp and, at the same time, one would never reach the limit of its potential. An unappreciated aspect of all healing is whether one has the vitality or simply the energy to heal. At that level, the Taoist work addresses that foundational aspect to connecting with life's source of energy and power.”
Minka de Vos
Book This Retreat
Related products available from Healing Tao USA are listed belowSelect the Order Code to add the item to your Shopping Cart
Select the Product Title to see more information about the product